The SEO is an essential element in order to get results from your website and thus attract new customers.
In particular, there are 9 parameters that you must take into account to create a perfect web page for search engines.
1. Site structure.
The structure or architecture of the site is represented by the tree structure of content distributions.
This aspect informs Google about the topics that are treated in the web pages of the site, which are considered more or less authoritative by search engines for that particular topic.
An alternative to the tree structure is represented by the silos structure : inside this container the contents are distributed in "dedicated sections".
For example, if you have to create a recipe site, you will not include the recipes for starters, first courses, second courses and desserts all together: you will have to create four separate sections in order to have all the contents divided.
Always remember to give the sections understandable names , so that the site is easily navigable to users: you can also use the main keywords that you have chosen and in this way help positioning.
Always returning to the example of the recipe site, it is not correct to give the sections such names as "the delicacies" for starters or "all for gourmands" for the section dedicated to desserts.
The right thing to do in this case is to call the starters, first courses, second courses, desserts and use creativity when writing the contents.
Finally, always keep the depth of the site checked so that the user can reach the section of interest to him by making a maximum of 3 clicks.
The ease of navigation of the site is important not only for users but also for Google.
2 . URL structure.
A URL is a set of characters that makes up the address of a web page.
Build your site using a STRUCTURE URL structure : these must be legible and understandable for all users.
I suggest you also insert in the URLs the keywords with which you have chosen to position your website, obviously without exaggerating.
This is a URLSBAGLIATO:
3. Meta Tag Title.
This is a very important aspect for SEO optimization of a page.
The TITLE meta tag is the line of text that appears in blue in the Google search results or in the bar at the top of the navigation browser you are using.
It is essential that in TITLE there is the main keyword for which you would like to be visible.
I advise you to:
- Always enter the keyword at the beginning of the title because the first words are considered increasingly relevant by Google
- Never exceed 70 characters, otherwise you risk:
- Be cut by Google, which does not show your entire title but adds dots at the end: in this way users can not read everything.
- Being penalized from the point of view of positioning because very long titles, with numerous keywords have little strength.
- Enter in the title ONLY ONE KEY WORD, choosing the one that refers to the real content of the page.
Then there are ERRORS that you need to AVOID to commit:
- Title not optimized: very often companies insert as title of Home, which is the most important page of the site, only the word "home". This is a very serious mistake that must be corrected immediately so as not to lose further visibility by inserting keywords that are relevant to you.
- Title Duplicates: you must never use the same title for different pages of your site.
4. Meta Description.
The meta description is the part of text that appears under the title on the Google search page. This element is less important than the title from the point of view of SEO but in fact it is what attracts users and pushes them to click.
You must therefore try to write a meta description that is persuasive. I also advise you to:
- Do not exceed the length of 155 characters: in this case too, if you press Google, cut the text you inserted adding dots.
- Always enter the main keyword;
- Avoid duplicating your description: each page must have a personalized description. Even if this factor affects the positioning less than the title, it is equally true that the absence of content or their duplication is negatively evaluated by Google.
5. Tag Headers.
Another important parameter for the seo optimization of a web page is represented by the Tag Header, that is H1, H2, H3.
The content of a page to be perfectly optimized must be divided into paragraphs, with titles and subtitles.
Then you have to "tag" these parts of text using the headers tags, ie the H1 Tag for the main title, the H2 tag for the subtitle and so on.
If you have a site created with WordPress you have to click on the drop-down menu (as shown in the image) and select the tag you need.